Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our trip to Oklahoma

Cameron and Morgan on airplane

I decided to re post about our trip to Oklahoma and Missouri.
The week of March 17-21 I took the kids to Oklahoma and Missouri. Cameron was on Spring Break so we decided to go visit my parents and brother and his family in Missouri. Rich was unable to go with us because he was not on spring break, he had it the week before, so he got a nice quiet week to himself. I wonder what that is like :)
I am sure daddy will miss moments like this


Our trip begins the minute we entered the airport. We are flying to Oklahoma first and spend a few days, and then meet up with my sister. Here we go off on our little vacation, we are going through security and we get the "please follow me ma am". Security continues to do their search, we had 3 carry on bags and they took each item out of the bag and of course I had it packed perfect. During this time I am off to the side having a meltdown, Morgan is crying and Cameron keeps asking the lady "why are you going through my stuff?" We just barely make it to our flight, but once boarded we where on our way. The plane ride was smooth as pie, no problems with either of the kids.
While in Oklahoma we planned on seeing two of my oldest friends, visit the aquarium, eat at Taco Bueno, Coney Islander was in the plan but we just didn't make it their, and anyone else we got to see was a bonus. First we saw my friend Brandy and her family. Brandy and I have been friends since our freshman year in high school and played soccer together when we were younger. She has 3 lovely and well mannered boys, and a wonderful husband. Brandy is my friend I know I could do anything with and it wouldn't matter, we have lots of fun memories.
I am still waiting for her to visit me, hint hint.

Cameron couldn't wait to get to the aquarium, as you all know his love for animals. So we got there just as the doors were opening, thank goodness because it was pouring rain outside and we were SOAKED. We found Nemo and Dory. They had Beavers, Raccoons, Shark Tank, and lots, lots and lots of fish. Camerons favorite thing was getting to touch the Stingrays and Tiger Sharks.


Later that afternoon I met up with Joy Marie. Joy Marie is my longest friend. We have known each other since the 4th Grade, we were not always close friends but as we grew older our friendship grew stronger. Since it was pouring outside we took the kids to the mall to play in the play area,



McKayla 5 yrs old



and then later we went to her house and met Brandy there and we got to chat for a few hours and the kids played with each other. It is always nice to sit down and chat with old friends, and this time we weren't really rushed or in a crowded place. Thank You Joy Marie for letting us come to your house unannounced. The kids played well together for the most part, a few tattles here and there. This was the first time our kids have all been together, so it was neat to see them interact with each other.



Alyssa (4yrs) and Morgan


Cameron (4yrs), Bradley(5yrs), Alyssa(4yrs), Morgan(8mon), McKayla(5yrs), and Brock(4yrs)


And to conclude our time in Oklahoma we saw my Uncle Paul, who picked my sister up at the airport and brought her to the hotel. This was his first time to meet Morgan, and of course he thought she was adorable. Wish we had a little longer time together, but the good news is he will be making a visit to AZ soon




Uncle Paul and Morgan



1 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Glad you survived. We've gotten that search treatment a couple of times. It gets more and more fun, the more kids you have. Seriously, have you EVER heard of terrorists traveling with kids??? I sure haven't!