Saturday, March 29, 2008

A lesson in shaving

Being a mom you don't get a whole lot of time to yourself without someone nagging at you. My quiet and alone time is when I am taking a nice relaxing bath (90% of the time). Well tonight happen to be one of those 10% moments while taking a bath. Rich went over to see a friend, Morgan already in bed so Cameron and I stayed up and watched Hairspray, about half way through I decided to go take a bath so when he did go to bed I could get working on my list of things I needed to get done before going to bed. As I am shaving my armpit Cameron walks in and sits down on the toilet and says:
Conversation with Cameron
C: Why are you shaving your arms, I don't see any hair
A: thats the point honey, girls don't want hair under their arms
C: well Zachary and Dylan (his cousins) sure do have a lot of hair under their arms, when will they shave it off?
A: boys don't shave their arms, so they will always have hair there
C: thats disgusting, I am not ever having hair under my arms
C: mom, later when I am older will you teach my how to shave my legs
A: first boys don't shave their legs and second when the time comes dad will teach you how to shave your face
C: duh, I already know how to shave my face
And then he gets up an walks off. I was never expecting that conversation in a million years.

0 comments: