Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Little Graduate


Walking to school on his first day of Pre-K




Hannah and Cameron first day of school


It was just nine short months ago that Cameron embarked on a new adventure in life. He walked through his new classroom and greeted Mrs. Flanagan his Pre-K teacher. He was excited to meet his new friends, learn how to write his name, and learn all about numbers (he gets that from his mom).

Sitting in the library on his first day of school

Not sure if I am going to like this or not


As the months passed on, Cameron improved greatly in his studies, but the best part was watching his character grow and how much he has changed and grown up. The little things that seemed so challenging for him last fall, he comes by easily now, but not without lots of practice and hard work. Cameron walks around the house saying his phonics sounds and points out to me when I am writing when I make my numbers or letters incorrectly. I will miss how every day when I would pick him up from school he would run up to me and give me big hugs on his good days, and I could always tell if he had his card pulled that day because he would just continue what he was doing and the other kids would run up to me and tell me if Cameron got in trouble that day or not. Needless to say we had more of those days then I wished, but he comes by it naturally. We have made lots of new friends, learned all kinds of things this year. But all good things must come to an end. This means their graduation of Pre-K.






The kids got all dressed up aand wore their hats and walked up on stage. They had lots of fun things planned. The kids sang a really funny song, and then we played "I am not smarter than a pre-k student" the teachers picked parents and their child and asked one question. Rich got to be the lucky one and go up on stage with Cameron, and their question was "what state is north of AZ" Cameron rang the buzzer before she could finish, and the answer is UTAH. I think they were prepped, and then Rich had to announce to everyone that he was not as smart as his little guy :)



Cameron and Rich playing a game



After the game came the diplomas. They called each name and the kids walked across stage to pick it up



Cameron and Mrs. Flanagan



Congratulations Cameron, we are so proud of you!!!

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Lots of loud cheering from his family in the Netherlands! :D

Jennifer said...

Awwww! I remember that! Now off to Kindergarten! Where does the time go Amy?!