Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sleeping arrangements need to change a little




Rich and I have always had a rule the kids do not sleep in bed with us, but as Cameron's has grown older it seems he ventures his way in a few nights a week. Which I actually don't mind because he is a pretty calm sleeper and doesn't move around much. But within the last few weeks for whatever reason Morgan wakes up at 5:30 or a little earlier crying, so I would bring her in our bed so I could get a few more hours of sleep. On Monday Cameron joined us in the middle of the night and then Morgan cried so I went and got her and put her in with us, and not such a good idea. Morgan tosses and turns and likes to sleep sideways, so with 2 kids, 2 adults and a dog in the bed it was a bit crowded. So I got up and went into Morgan's room and slept on the floor, and she soon followed and would only sleep if she could be on my chest. Then on Tuesday night the same story, this time when I went in to soothe Morgan she was standing up holding on to her blanky and ready to get out and come with me. So here we were all snuggled in. But the thing is I am the only one NOT sleeping, everyone else seems to be all cozied in and enjoying themselves and sleeping great. What is up with that. Tonight I am going to be tough and not allow any kids in our bed!!!

0 comments: