Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009


The holidays this year have been really fun because the kids are just at that perfect age where the magic is still alive. Were still figuring out our family traditions and what works best for us and something that the kids will always remember when they are older.

We want the kids to understand the meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate this day. Cameron was excited to celebrate Jesus' birthday and for a school paper even wrote his favorite Christmas story was the birth of Baby Jesus, and all the visitors Jesus had. One day on the way home from school he was reading "The Story of Christmas" and when he came to the part about Joseph and Mary, he asked me if we had anyone in our family named Mary, I told him I had a cousin named Mary and then he said Dad's mom is named Mary. He then asked me if they were named after Jesus' mom and how come we didn't name Morgan Mary. I love how his little mind works:)

We started our Christmas eve doing some last minute shopping, making sure we had all the staples we needed for Christmas dinner and stuff to make cookies for Santa. We got home early afternoon and baked some cookies and then off to church we went. The kids got their Christmas Church clothes. I love the fancy dresses that Morgan gets to wear, and Cameron always looks so handsome in his vest and tie.


After Church we went to my sisters for dinner and opening of presents. We are lucky to have my parents visit us this year for Christmas and it was our first Christmas with my sisters oldest son Sam.

After a great dinner and lots of fun we headed home to put out milk and cookies for Santa and to read the Night before Christmas.






Cameron set out the cookies for Santa and Morgan did not like the idea of setting out cookies and she doesn't get one.
We put the key out of the front door so Santa could come in and then off to bed for the little ones.

2 comments:

grandpa jim said...

How come I didn't get a cookie? It was indeed a wonderful Christmas and Cameron and Morgan were a delight...not the least bit selfish (maybe a little possive)
by the way, somewhere hidden in a box in your garage is a book of religious stories my Grandmother gave me when I was Cameron's age. Love, Jim and Gaby

RPH said...

i love those pictures, your kids are adorable.