Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


















Happy Christmas Eve....


This year we did things a little different then we normally do. In the past we go to church, have my sister and her family over for dinner and cook a brisket and lots of yummy foods and then we exchange gifts with them. My sister and I have had a hard time getting in the Christmas mood and all the preparations that go along with being in the mood this year. My sister had stayed up all night backing cookies for our work, they made the "Seven Paths of the ANASAZI Way" cookies which took them a very long time. So when we decided on what to do for Christmas Eve we both decided to go our separate ways. Since we weren't having them over I did not feel the need to cook a big meal, oh yea, did I mention I also have strep throat!!


For Christmas eve this year, I finished up some very last minute shopping, we went to Church and then went to Taco Bell for dinner, yep I said Taco Bell on Christmas Eve, nothing says merry Christmas like tacos :) then we came home and made cookies for Santa and his reindeer. We read "The night before Christmas" and hung the magic key outside, since we don't have a chimney for Santa to come down, and then off to bed the kids went.




Rich and I stayed up and started preparing for Santa's arrival. We hadn't wrapped any presents until tonight so after 2 hours of wrapping we were all done. We put everything under the tree and made sure it was all perfect. Rich then set the video camera up for tomorrow morning so he can catch Cameron's reaction coming down the stairs.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!